Breakfast made easy (and healthy)
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so here are a few tasty, guilt free options to help you start your day off right! Want to build muscle, lose fat and be awesome at work? Begin by making sure you have some protein for breakfast and enjoy the following additional benefits as well:
- A boost in neurotransmitter production – better memory, attention and drive for the day
- You will feel fuller and eat less throughout the day
- Better energy levels – no mid morning energy dips
- Amino acids to build muscle and recover from training.
Following are a few healthy ideas to get you started:
- Eggs - prepare them any way you like! Add veggies, salsa, feta and even some guacamole.
- Full fat Greek yogurt - add some fresh or frozen berries and some cinnamon
- Smoothie - frozen berries, full fat Greek yogurt, protein powder, almond butter, raw spinach, cinnamon and milk (almond or coconut milk is a great dairy free substitution)
- Any meat (breakfast doesn't have to be traditional) - chicken with brussel sprouts or a green salad is always a tasty option
- Have a crockpot? If not, you really need to get one. Meal preparation will be so much easier and you can start with this yummy easy crockpot breakfast pie recipe from PaleOMG
Paleo Waffles (the kids love them too!)
1 cup almond flour (cheapest option is to buy from Costco)
1/4t baking soda
4 large eggs
*Mix everything together and cook in a waffle iron. Top with fresh berries, peanut or almond butter and enjoy!