Do you think you need to "get in shape" first before starting CrossFit? Are you concerned that movements are just too advanced for you? These are the most common misconceptions we hear from people. Everyone has unique needs and aspirations, so our primary goal is to help you meet yours. Whether you prefer a group setting or one-on-one attention, below are just a few examples of the kinds of people who will thrive, be supported and achieve results at Bainbridge Island CrossFit!
- Never exercised a day in your life
- Have old injuries
- Mobility limitations
- Older adult who just wants to keep moving to maintain independence for years to come
- Individual with unique learning or physical needs
- Current middle/highschool athlete needing general strength and conditioning to take their game to the next level
- Inactive middle/highschool student needing an activity that will provide a lifelong love of fitness and keep them healthy
- Prior highschool/college athlete looking for the next challenge
- Active adult who has participated in a variety of races (running, biking, triathlons, obstacle courses, etc) and wants to improve overall conditioning in preparation for future events
- Exhausted parent hoping to find some time to improve their personal physical and mental health in order to keep up with their children
- Anyone striving to lose unwanted body fat, build lean muscle, and sleep better
In the following video, Christian looks forward to working on achieving higher step-ups each time he comes in for a workout. He works hard, gains confidence, and improves his balance and coordination (specific goals for him). This may be a max height box jump for an athlete to develop explosive hip power, or fast paced low box step ups for another to improve cardiovascular health. No matter what your personal goal may be, achieving it all starts with that first step.