Meal prep day is Mugsy's favorite day of the week...hoping and praying for some small morsel to hit the floor. #bulldogstruggles
What should I eat for breakfast?
For starters, "diet" is a nasty four letter word that never ends well. What we all need is a way of eating that is manageable, provides us with the fuel to support our activity levels, enables us to enjoy outings with friends and becomes a lifestyle. In general, eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.
Want to build muscle, lose fat and be awesome at work? Start your day off right by making sure you have some protein for breakfast and enjoy the following additional benefits as well:
- A boost in neurotransmitter production – better memory, attention and drive for the day
- You will feel fuller and eat less throughout the day
- Better energy levels – no mid morning energy dips
- Amino acids to build muscle and recover from training.
Following are a few ideas to get you started:
- Eggs - prepare them any way you like! Add veggies, salsa, feta and even some guacamole.
- Full fat Greek yogurt - add some fresh or frozen berries and some cinnamon
- Smoothie - frozen berries, full fat Greek yogurt, protein powder, almond butter, raw spinach, cinnamon and milk (almond or coconut milk is a great dairy free substitution)
- Any meat (breakfast doesn't have to be traditional) - chicken with brussel sprouts or a green salad is always a tasty option
- Have a crockpot? If not, you really need to get one. Meal preparation will be so much easier and you can start with this yummy easy crockpot breakfast pie recipe from PaleOMG
Do you have any other favorites? Share in the comments below, we'd love to hear your ideas!