Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins with Coconut Flour
If you are looking for a quick, healthy, "on the go" breakfast that the entire family will love....look no further! These egg muffins are packed with good stuff and you can get creative by adding veggies, sausage or anything else your heart desires. Anytime I make these I plan to stash some in the fridge for later, but they never stick around long enough. Next time I'll need to make a triple batch. Enjoy!
Makes 6 muffins
3 eggs, organic and/or pastured
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
8 strips bacon (organic)
1/2 cup (4 oz) cheddar or mozarella cheese
Butter or lard (if you are greasing your muffin tin, but we use cupcake cup liners)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fry bacon in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.
3. Blend eggs, bacon drippings and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Add coconut flour and baking powder — mix until there are no lumps.
5. Throw the bacon and cheese into the food processor and pulse until crumbled. Stir into batter.
6. Either grease your muffin tin with butter or lard or use the paper inserts.
7. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.